Spotlight Youth Theatre’s Musical Theatre Performance Troupes
Spotlight’s musical theatre performance troupes include all skill levels, with ages ranging 5 to 19. The children and young adults in these troupes work with experienced musical directors and choreographers to hone their skills in singing, dancing, and meeting any challenge with unbeatable confidence!
Auditions: Spring 2024
If you are new to SYT Company, please read the descriptions of the troupes below on this page.
- Sparkles (ages 5-8): Wednesday, Jan. 10
- Singing only 4:30 p.m.
- We will then hold the first rehearsal from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. that day
- Celebration (ages 9-16): Monday, Jan. 8
- Singing only 5:00-6:00 p.m
- All auditioners will then return for a dance call at 6:00 p.m. (approximately 45 minutes)
- Evolution (ages 13-19): Monday, Jan. 8
- Singing only 7:00-7:30 p.m.
- All auditioners will then return for a dance call at 7:30 p.m (approximately 45 minutes)
- Auditioners must register in advance.
- All auditioners should prepare 32 bars (approx. one minute) of a Broadway-style song. Pick something that you are comfortable singing and shows off your best voice. You may bring music on a phone, iPod, or MP3.
- You will only sing in your selected time slot. We will be holding a separate dance call for all auditioners (except Sparkles). Please plan your travel arrangements accordingly. You may stay at the theater in between, or you may leave after your song and return at time of dance call.
- Be dressed to dance. No flip flops or sandals, please wear dance or tennis shoes. You will learn a dance combination so please dress appropriately, no denim or skirts. Leggings, joggers, etc., are acceptable.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your assigned time slot to fill out paperwork.
Ages 13-19 · Advanced —This group focuses on a variety of music and dance styles while working on intricate harmonies, advanced choreography, and high level performance skills.
Musical Director: Heather Walker
Choreographers: Falin Ossipinsky & Bella Swope
Tuition: $60/month ($5 sibling discount)
Weekly schedule: Mondays 6:30–9:00 p.m.
Ages 9-16 · Upper Level —This group is also skill based, to include more advanced techniques. They will be challenged with more difficult choreography and vocal harmonies. Performance skills are essential, and will continue to be emphasized.
Ages 5-8 · Entry level—We will focus on basic singing and dancing skills; however, experienced performers will still be challenged.
Director: Bella Swope
Coordinator: Kelly Swope
Tuition: $40/month ($5 sibling discount)
Weekly schedule: Wednesdays 4:30–6:00 p.m.