Hands on a Hardbody
Country/rock musical performed on the SYT Mainstage May 19 – Jun. 4, 2023.
Book by Doug Wright
Lyrics by Amanda Green
Music by Trey Anastasio & Amanda Green
About This Production
10 contestants. 4 days. 1 truck. Inspired by true events (and a documentary film with the same title), and infused with a “fresh roots-rock vibe,” this is the hilarious, hard-fought contest where only one winner can drive away with the American dream. The lives of each contestant, along with the car dealer and a radio announcer are revealed during the struggle to win a Nissan “Hardbody.”
This popular show was the winner of Spotlight’s “Pick a Season” contest last year.
Auditions: Sat. & Sun. Apr. 1-2 at 6:00 p.m.
Callbacks: Tue. Apr. 4 at 5:30 p.m.
- Register online prior to audition:
- Be prepared to upload your head shot and résumé. If necessary, you can bring print versions to the audition.
- Prepare a list of all conflict dates between auditions and show schedule (other than regular school hours, SYT troupe rehearsals and SYT shows).
- Arrive on either audition date (Apr. 1 or 2) at 6:00 p.m. and check in at the Box Office.
- Be prepared to sing 32 bars of an appropriate style song (your choice).
- Video auditions will also be accepted:
- Register online first, including the upload of head shot and résumé.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your video, your name and “Hands on a Hardbody Audition” in the subject line. (Note that attaching a video instead of linking to one might cause a delivery problem.)
- Video auditions are due by Sat. Apr. 1 at 9:00 p.m.
|Music Director||Elise Kurbat|
|Stage Manager||Maria Cruz|
|Costume Design||Heather Riddle|
|Lighting Design||Ellie Little|
|Hair & Makeup Design||Renee Koher|
|Properties Artisans||Kenny Grossman|
|Sound Design||Neveah Monk|
|Sound/Lighting Mentor||Josh Hontz|