Musical based on the 2007 film, performed on the SYT Mainstage Mar. 3-19, 2023.
Music and Lyrics by Opetaia Foa’i, Mark Mancina, & Lin-Manuel Miranda
JR. Script Adaptation by Susan Soon He Stanton
JR. Score Adaptation and Arrangements & Orchestrations by Ian Weinberger
Fri. & Sat. at 7:00 p.m.
Sun. at 2:00 p.m.
Mar. 11 & 18 at 2:00 p.m.
About This Production
Disney’s Moana JR. brings the adventures of Moana and her village of Motunui to life onstage with all the beloved songs from the 2016 film by Tony®, GRAMMY, Emmy, and Pulitzer Prize-winning composer Lin-Manuel Miranda, Opetaia Foa’i, and Mark Mancina, including “How Far I’ll Go,” “Shiny,” and “You’re Welcome.” Celebrating the rich history of Oceania and based on the beliefs and cultures of the people of the Pacific Islands, Moana was developed in collaboration with an Oceanic Trust – a group of anthropologists, cultural practitioners, historians, linguists, and choreographers from the Pacific Islands.
Audition Times: Jan. 22 & 23 at 6:00 p.m.
Callbacks: Jan. 24 at 5:30 p.m.
- Register online for the audition.
- Prepare résumé and headshot files to upload.
- Check all possible conflict dates to report on audition form (no need to include SYT shows/troupes, weekday school hours before 4:00 p.m., or Sunday morning conflicts).
- Come to audition prepared to perform:
- 32 bars of an appropriate style song (about a minute and a half), a cappella or with mp3 track, your choice.
- A character-driven monologue, one minute long.
- Video auditions are also accepted:
- Register online first. Include résumé and headshot with online registration.
- Attach or link the video audition file to an email providing your name (must match registration), to send to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6:00 p.m. Jan. 22.
|Music Director||Heather Walker|
|Costumes||Naomi and Andi Jordon|
|Set Design||Mike Armstrong|
|Light Design||Josh Hontz|
|Hair and Makeup||Vicki Jensen|
|Sound Design||Anthony Rozzen|