The acclaimed musical reflecting on coming out and dark family secrets, to be performed Sep. 17–Oct. 3, 2021.
Book & Lyrics by Lisa Kron
Music by Jeanine Tesori
Based on the graphic novel by Alison Bechdel
Dates & Show Times:
Sep. 17–Oct. 3, 2021:
Fridays & Saturdays at 7:00 p.m.
Sundays at 2:00 p.m.
Sep. 25 & Oct. 2 at 2:00 p.m.
Parental guidance suggested for language and intense themes.
Graphic novelist Alison dives deep into her past to tell the story of her volatile, brilliant, and one-of-a-kind father whose temperament and secrets defined her family and her life. Alison relives her unique childhood of playing at the family’s Bechdel Funeral Home, her growing understanding of her own sexuality, and the looming, unanswerable questions about her father’s hidden desires.
Fun Home is a refreshingly honest, wholly original musical about seeing your parents through grown-up eyes. This musical is also a critical smash, having won numerous awards and accolades including the 2015 Tony for Best New Musical.
This show is open to every person, no matter their sex, race, religion, or color. If you can sing it, dance it, and act it, you have a chance to be it.
Auditions: Aug. 3 & 4 at 6:00 p.m.
Callbacks: Aug. 5 at 5:00 p.m.
Please complete the online audition form prior to going to your audition. You will not be restricted to a time slot. You can check in for auditions on either date, Aug. 3 or 4.
Before completing the form, prepare:
- Headshot photo (jpg file)
- Résumé (doc, docx, rtf, or pdf file)
- List of possible schedule conflicts (weekends and after normal weekday school hours) occurring between auditions and the final show date.
If you don’t have electronic copies of the photo or résumé: complete the rest of the online form, and plan to bring prints of the missing documents with you to the audition check-in.
Come prepared with:
- 32 bars of an appropriate style song—bring sheet music.
- One-minute appropriate style monologue
Video submissions are also accepted:
- Complete the online form.
- Video the required song and monologue performance, and mail video file or link to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. Aug. 3.
- Uploads (with form) or email attachments of headshot photo and résumé are required for video auditions.
Director: Kenny Grossman