One show premiering three winning one-act plays, performed April 23-25, 2021.
About This Production
The theme “Go the Distance” describes the challenge met by the winners of Spotlight’s first competition for new playwrights: devise a short “outbreak proof” play with physical distancing built into the story. All three plays are included in the roughly one-hour total showtime.
- “Most Dead Summer Ever” by Rebecca Bain: Alexa feels trapped at home when her family can’t go anywhere for the summer. (Sound familiar?) Directed by Callista Walker.
- “Behind the Curtain” by Katie Kloberdanz: Henry discovers a backstage murder mystery full of zany theatre characters. Directed by Christian Bader.
- “The Stains” by Emily Benoit: Penelope navigates her father’s funeral, while carrying a mysterious secret. Directed by Charlie Rabago.
Most Dead Summer Ever:
- Alexandra Hope Estle
- Elizabeth Zoie Moller
- Katherine Emma Woolstenhulme
- Samantha Addisyn Lauder
- Mom Ellie Klapp
- Owen AJ King
Behind the Curtain:
- Henry AJ King
- Allyson Zoey Waller
- Harper Zoie Moller
- Elizabeth Olivia Martinez
- Mrs. Tyler Ellie Klapp
- Sylvia Emma Woolstenhulme
- Brandon Alec Pursell
- Ms. Krause Allison Wright
- Penelope Allison Wright
- Soul Hope Estle
- Mr. Perkins Alec Pursell
- Maid Olivia Martinez
- The Shadows AJ King, Ellie Klapp, Addisyn Lauder, Zoie Moller,
Zoey Waller, Emma Woolstenhulme
- Directors Christian Bader
- Video Production / Lighting Design / Sound Design Josh Hontz
- Video Direction Anthony Rozzen
- Scenic Design Bobby Sample
- Costume / Hair / Makeup Design Charlie Rabago
- Properties Design Kenny Grossman & Vicki Grossman
- Projection Design Bobby Sample & Josh Hontz
- Sound Operator Jaden Schwab
- Lighting Operator Emmy Lange
- Camera Operators Sabina Dart & Enrique Lopezlira
See also our Photo Galleries page.