Welcome to our Spotlight Youth Theatre Family! Through community youth theatre, you can make a difference.
Every dollar and minute donated to the theatre goes directly into shows, workshops, camps and educational programs.
Spotlight Youth Theatre’s mission is to provide youth and their families a safe, welcoming environment where the individual is supported, teamwork is embraced, and creativity is encouraged through high quality performing arts and educational programs that enrich and strengthen our community.
- The entire theatre and its programs depend on volunteers, sponsors and donations.
- An average of 6,000 people attend our shows each season.
- A successful youth theatre enriches the community.
- Youth theatre is proven to build confidence, personal growth, and responsibility in the performers and crews.
- Spotlight produces quality shows that are not just children’s theatre, but “real” theatre in all genres.
- Spotlight offers a safe, family-oriented environment where kids can learn, grow and perform.
- Spotlight has produced major shows like Les Miserables, The Sound of Music, Rent, Green Day’s American Idiot, Cabaret, The Diary of Anne Frank, and Romeo and Juliet. In the last three seasons alone, Spotlight productions, performers, and artists received 379 nominations for regional theatre awards, winning 124 of them.
- Spotlight is a non-profit 501 c3 organization. Volunteers, donors and patrons are needed to help us keep the doors. Our tax ID# is 86-1115452
- A program grounded in the belief that every child deserves a chance to shine, a place that is safe and free from negativity, and an environment where fun and hard work combine into amazing experiences, both on and off stage.
- A theater program that is as diverse as the community we serve and where all members of the family can join in the endeavor to produce high quality theater productions that amaze and entertain.
- A community theater where the impossible becomes possible through the combined efforts of our families, our sponsors, and most of all, the children who shine onstage.
- A place where a child can be him or herself, authentically and without fear, and be embraced and encouraged to grow and flourish.